Ticker

Wourldstarsl

Site hedder ads

Television is a 'useful evil'

                 Television is a 'useful evil'

I do agree with the statement' Television is a useful evil. Our homes would be a lot better withouta television ser' for quite a few reasons, which I will make mention of in the paragraphs to follow.

Although television informs, entertains and educates us through channels like the Discovery Chan-nel and National Geographic. I feel that the same education can be received through books andoutdoor observation.

Television deprives families of a lot of time together. It makes children spendhours away from their parents and vice versa too. 

This is not a healthy practice and causes familiesto grow distant and detached.

Another reason why homes are better off without television sets is that certain programs areunhelpful. corruptive and can introduce wrong values, morals and behaviour. 

Television introducespractices and habits that can be destructive especially to young children who may be influenced todo the same.

Television viewing when excessive, damages the retina and cause poor eyesight, weakening anindividual's capacity to think for oneself Obesity they say, is increased by aimless hours in front ofa television set on a daily basis.

 Lazy, unproductive life styles are introduced into the home. I feelelevision viewing to be largely time wasting and energy sapping too.

These are my reasons for agreeing that our homes would do better without a television set in it.


Thanks reading for you !!!


Post a Comment

0 Comments